Like in any business, the way to know if you are succeeding is to look at your results. You need to look at the number, because as you know, numbers don’t lie.
With today’s technology, it is very easy to gather such data about your website’s progress and success. As well as to identify what areas are an opportunity, and what areas are a win!
Here is a list of some of the most useful online marketing technologies that can get you started:
- Alexa: Provides information on traffic as well as incoming and outgoing links.
- CheckPageRank: It allows you to look at how old the domain is, and if it appears in directories such as Google Directory or Yahoo Directory.
- Social Mention: Monitors mentions and conversation about your brand on social media platforms.
- Similar Web: This tool gives you an insight on the type of traffic that your website has.
- Google Analytics: For the pros, Google Analytics is one of the best in the business with an app that can give you an update at any hour of any day. It is used by big companies such as BC Living.